Mission and Purpose Statements of Northside Drive Baptist Preschool
Our Mission is to provide a supportive environment in which our students can develop into well-rounded children. We encourage in each child a love of learning, an inquiring mind, a confident spirit, an open-minded and compassionate heart, and an ability to self-regulate, make good decisions and form positive relationships.
To achieve our mission, it is our Purpose to provide:
- A loving, Christian culture in which each child feels safe to learn and grow;
- A welcoming environment where children of all races, ethnicities, and abilities are celebrated;
- Teachers who tailor instruction to each child’s individual needs and interests;
- Curriculum and instruction that supports the spiritual, social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of each child;
- Studies based on real-life problems that equip each child with the skills to live in our complex world; and
- A multi-faceted approach to teaching including:
– Our primary curriculum and accompanying assessment system, The Creative Curriculum and Teaching Strategies Gold, which encourage learning through purposeful play and the meeting of developmental objectives;
– A rich literacy curriculum that includes both Handwriting Without Tears and the phonemic awareness portion of the website, Sightword.com;
– A growing STEM program featuring our new science room and outdoor classroom;
– The social and emotional learning curriculum, Conscious Discipline, which provides our children with the tools to self-regulate and make good decisions;
– Plenty of art, music and outdoor time to make the learning day fun!